- This challenging build boasts 97-pieces.
- Kit features case X-Wing design, seated pilot figure, external wing tanks and internal weapons, 3 aim-4a/E falcons and 3 aim-4c/D falcons
- At 1:48 scale this aircraft is molded in light Gray and clear, with Waterslide decals
- Recommended for ages 12 years and up. Required paint, glue, and tools sold separately
- Recommended paint: Chromate green, flat black, Flesh, Gray (FS 16473), Gray (FS 36622), green (FS 34102), green (FS 30479), red (FS 11105), silver, Tan (FS 30219), titanium, white
Release Date: 30-03-2017
Details: As the United States entered the cold war, the threat of invading Soviet atomic bomb carrying bombers was very real. The f-102 was a supersonic interceptor designed to deal with this threat. It was the first jet fighter to use the delta-wing design, which helped it achieve supersonic speeds. The f-102 was part of the famous century series of American fighter aircraft made during the 1950S. In all 1,000 f-102s were made for the U.S. Air force. The f-102s later saw limited service in Vietnam, mainly in a ground attack role or escorting bombers. During this war, 14 of these aircraft were lost to enemy fire. The f-102s were finally moved to air National Guard units, until they were all taken out of service in 1976. During their life of service, they were referred to as the “Deuce”, rather than being called Delta daggers.
Package Dimensions: 15.9 x 9.4 x 3.4 inches